Fundamentals are performed up and down the floor. All technique from white belt to current level is required to be performed)
- Basic Technique
- Kicking (Stationary or up and down the floor)
Each student is required to know all of their patterns. At time of test they student may be asked to perform all the patterns from white belt to their current level.
- 3 and 2 Step Sparring 3 – 5 sequences each
- 1 Step Sparring performed randomly
- Model Sparring 3- 5 Sequences
- Free Sparring – 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 sparring may be required for 2nd Dan and above testing.
Students must demonstrate controled and practical defense against certain holds or knife attacks. Attacks are not pre planned and are at the examiner’s discreation. Studement must show proper use of defense by utilizing, Attack, Break and/or Release.
Must complete at least:
- 1 Power (hand / foot – examiner to determine at time of testing)
- 1 Special (must be in air technique)
- 1st Dan and above must demonstrate 2 boards in the air
- Any other break requested
An essay question will be given either before or at time of test to complete. The question is at the examiner’s discretion.